Updating stamps

General discussion area relating to building and construction codes. To post a topic for discussion you must register. Everyone is welcome to register. Registration is necessary to fight off spam. Under no circumstance is any part of this forum to be used for advertising or spam purposes. Welcome to our Minnesota community forum!

Updating stamps

Postby Lenny R » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:15 am

We are in the process of updating our residential stamp collection. I would be interested in taking a look at some stamp collections, assuming adoption of the 2006 addition.
Lenny R

Postby Jeff Pleski » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:41 am

Keeping up with plan review stamps can be costly when you consider how code changes can make them incorrect. One of the things I've done for a few of my outdated stamps is I switched to the lables that I can print. I have the option of using red color, bold, italics, underline, size of font, etc.

So on my plan reviews I use a combination of stamps that have not changed with new codes, lables that I print by the sheet, copies of a particular code section taped on the plan (for unique situations) and hand-written comments. A good example of something copied from a book and then taped on the plan would be the fire wall detail from the Gyspsum Manual.

If you would like to see what I've collected from a couple other cities along with what I made up, let me know and I will be happy to fax you copies. I will not dive into the new code however, until it is finally adopted with state amendments. It will not take long to get up to speed with the new changes.
Jeff Pleski

Return to 10K Forum