Lead Abatement - Is EPA going to start on-site inspections?

General discussion area relating to building and construction codes. To post a topic for discussion you must register. Everyone is welcome to register. Registration is necessary to fight off spam. Under no circumstance is any part of this forum to be used for advertising or spam purposes. Welcome to our Minnesota community forum!

Lead Abatement - Is EPA going to start on-site inspections?

Postby David Swan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:49 pm

DISCLOSURE! This is only hearsay at the moment of this posting.

I have be approached by two local contractors and asked if I could verify what they have heard: that the EPA will begin random, indiscriminate on-site inspections in regard to EPA's Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP Rule 40 CFR part 745).

They have told me they heard agents for the EPA will arrive at a municipality and request permits to confirm a) the municipality is issuing permits and collecting licensing documentation as required, and b) the contractors are accurately submitting information as required. Then, they could possibly arrive at a jobsite to verify the regulations are adhered to.

Once again, I wish not to start a rumor, rather I am seeking to verify the validity of these comments.

I cannot find any information on the EPA.gov website that alludes to this activity.
DSwan
David Swan

Return to 10K Forum